The drawbridge of the castle used to be functional but has only been publicly lowered twice: when the park opened in 1955,
and when Fantasyland was rededicated in 1983.
The gears that control the drawbridge were removed during a refurbishment in 1996 and have not been replaced.
The Castle was originally blue, like Cinderella's Castle, but was then changed to its current pink, gold, and light blue color scheme.
Starting in late October, Sleeping Beauty Castle is slowly transformed into Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle with over 80,000 LED lights.